Admission of International Students

Note: All forms must be completed in English. All money must be in U.S. dollars.

All International Students applying for Admission to the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor must:

  1. Submit completed International Application form. All items must be completed.
  2. Submit a notarized Affidavit of Educational Support (I-134) showing the availability of funds to finance student’s education and transportation both to school and back to student’s home country. A signed letter of support may be substituted for the affidavit. The letter should state the relationship of the sponsor to the applicant and specify exactly what expenses are covered. Documentation is required. All money amounts must be stated in U.S. dollars.
  3. Submit official transcripts or diplomas from all schools, colleges, and universities previously attended. If the student has attended United States colleges/universities, the official transcripts must be mailed directly from the college/university to the Office of Admissions and Recruiting. Students wishing to submit undergraduate transcripts for possible transfer credit are required to submit the original transcript to a recognized evaluation service with the course-by-course evaluation sent directly to the university.  Transcripts from other institutions which have been submitted for admission or evaluation become part of the student's academic file and are not returned or copied for distribution.
  4. Submit a score report from a university recognized English proficiency exam.  UMHB accepts reports from Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), and Pearson Test of English (PTE). Students unable to submit scores from one of the accepted language proficiency tests may be able to substitute a face-to-face interview with a university representative.  Interviews will be conducted via an electronic medium in which identity can be verified.

  5. Submit a copy of the passport identification page. Passport must show validity at least 6 months from the expected date of enrollment.
  6. Submit the following fee (in U.S. dollars):

    $135 Application Fee (Not refundable.)

       When all of the above items have been received from the student, action will be taken by the Office of International Student Services. An I-20 form cannot be issued until the student has been accepted by the university.

       The University reserves the right to change its tuition, fee, and other costs at any time..

Once accepted for admission, all international students are required to:

  1. Submit a completed Medical History form.
  2. If living in campus housing, submit completed University Housing Reservation form - including Medical History form and validation (copy of shot records) of the meningitis vaccine (Menactra).
  3. All students from countries identified as "TB High Risk" as published by the World Health Organization: submit validation of a negative TB skin test and/or report of negative (normal) chest x-ray - must be no more than within 6 months prior to initial enrollment. Tests and reports must be from a medical provider in the United States. Reports from other countries will not be accepted. 

General Academic Requirements

Students who are seeking a major or an approved academic program offered by UMHB will be considered for admission. All degree-seeking students will be required to meet all University degree requirements including all applicable chapel and Fine Arts Experience requirements and the required six semester hours of Christian Studies courses; no degree requirements are waived for international students. Students will be allowed to continue in enrollment only if they maintain good academic progress.


This U.S. Immigration Student Eligibility form will be issued only after all conditions of the application and admissions processes have been met. Mary Hardin-Baylor is an Academic School, and no I-20 will be issued to any student for the sole purpose of aiding the student in avoiding military service in his/her home country.


The major international airport serving Central Texas is the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Commuter flights are available from this international airport to the local airports in Killeen (32 miles from campus) and Austin (50 miles from campus). Cab transportation may be obtained at the airports. Bus transportation to Belton is another option.


Students are encouraged to carry travelers' checks or cashier checks. Money may be deposited in a local bank. Advanced fees, tuition, and room and board must be paid in U.S. dollars or negotiable instruments.

Payment of Accounts

Students may use cash, traveler’s checks, or credit card for payment.  All payments made directly from a financial institution outside the United States must use the Flywire by Peer Transfer network.  Enrollment in the Peer Transfer network should be completed before arrival in the United States.  Detailed instructions are available at     Please note this is a UMHB specific site and may be used only for tuition/fee payments to the university. 


Mail all Correspondence to:

University of Mary Hardin-Baylor

Director of International Student Services

UMHB Box 8367

900 College Street

Belton, Texas 76513