Tuition Assistance

The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor is approved through the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) enforced by the Department of Defense (DOD) to facilitate Tuition Assistance (TA) benefits for Service members.

To receive Tuition Assistance benefits:

  1. Complete all requirements for admission to the University as a degree-seeking student or as a transient student with an approved formal degree plan from another university.
  2. Have an evaluation of service schools/experiences completed by the Registrar’s Office to determine any awarding of military credit.
  3. Register for classes through the University in coordination with assigned academic advisor. Provide Certification Coordinator with a copy of UMHB class schedule. 
  4. Register for courses through select tuition assistance portal  to secure available Tuition Assistance benefit.
  5. Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). The provisions found under the headings of “Scholastic Probation” and “Academic Suspension” in this catalog will apply.

Note: Active Duty Service members should seek information about UMHB’s Military Scholarship from the Financial Aid Office.